Affiliation: Department of Earth and Planetary Systems Science, Graduate School of Science Title: Professor Room: A605 E-mail: More info: Profiles of faculty and research scholors, Hiroshima University
- Rock rheology
Courses in Charge
- Undergraduate course: Rock rheology, Structural geology, Practice for material sciences of Earth and planets B, etc.
- Graduate course: Dynamics in the Earth, Rheology and deformation microstructures of the Earth materials, Instrumental analysis for Earth and planetary science, etc.
- Ando, J., Fujino, K. and Takeshita, T., 1993, Dislocation microstructures in naturally deformed silicate garnets. Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, 80 : 105-116
- Ando, J., Shibata, Y., Okajima, Y., Kanagawa, K., Furusho, M. and Tomioka, N., 2001, Striped iron zoning of olivine induced by dislocation creep in deformed peridotites. Nature, 414, 893-895.
- Han, R., Shimamoto, T., Hirose, T., Ree, J.H. and Ando, J., 2007, Ultra-low friction of carbonate faults caused by thermal decomposition. Science. 316, 878-881