- Mantle dynamics
Courses in Charge
- Undergraduate course: Physics of Earth and planetary interiors II, Mathematical and numerical methods in the physics of Earth and planetary interiors A, Mathematical and numerical methods in the physics of Earth and planetary interiors B, Practice of Earth and planetary systems science B, Exercise in information literacy, etc.
- Graduate course: Dynamics in the Earth, etc.
- T. Nakakuki, M. Tagawa, and Y. Iwase, Dynamical mechanisms controlling formation and avalanche of a stagnant slab, Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, 183, 309-320, 2010.
- T. Nakakuki and E. Mura, Dynamics of slab rollback and induced back-arc basin formation, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 361, 287-297, 2013.
- A. Nakao, H. Iwamori and T. Nakakuki, Effects of water transportation on subduction dynamics: Roles of viscosity and density reduction, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 454, 178-191, 2016.
- T. Nakagawa and T. Nakakuki, Dynamics in the uppermost lower mantle: Insights into the deep mantle water cycle based on the numerical modeling of subducted slabs and global-scale mantle dynamics, Annual Reviews of Earth and Planetary Sciences, 47, 41-66, 2019.
- T. Kaneko, T. Nakakuki, H. Iwamori, Mechanical coupling of the motion of the surface plate and the lower mantle slab: Effects of viscosity hill, yield strength, and depth-dependent thermal expansivity, Physics of Earth and Planetary Interiors, 294, 106274, 2019.