Affiliation: Department of Earth and Planetary Systems Science, Graduate School of Science Title: Associate professor Room: A612 E-mail: More info: Profiles of faculty and research scholors, Hiroshima University
- High-pressure mineral physics
Courses in Charge
- Undergraduate course: Solid geochemistry II, Material sciences of Earth and planets, Mathematical and numerical methods in the physics of Earth and planetary interiors A, Practice of Earth and planetary systems science B, etc.
- Graduate course: Dynamics in the Earth, Deep Earth materials science, etc.
- T. Sato and N. Funamori, Sixfold-coordinated amorphous polymorph of SiO2 under high pressure, Physical Review Letters 101, 255502, 2008.
- T. Sato, N. Funamori, and T. Yagi, Helium penetrates into silica glass and reduces its compressibility, Nature Communications 2, 345, 2011.
- T. Sato, N. Funamori, and T. Yagi, Differential strain and residual anisotropy in silica glass, Journal of Applied Physics 114, 103509, 2013.